Welcome! I hope you enjoying looking around at all the handmade things I've made. I truely enjoy knitting and putting my creative touch on them. Feel free to contact me at any time!


Home Shop About Contact

9.29.2011

New "Twist"



You know when you get this "great idea" in your head? Something you've just got to try? Yeah, well I have a lot of those "great ideas." Just ask my husband. Some he thinks are great and others and meh. Especially when they involve some sort of work from him.

Well this one didn't. It was my creation. All mine. I did the hard work and I'm going to reap the benefits of it!

I decided to take the braided/twisted beanie that I've made in a variety of colors and take it up a notch. I had this vision in my head of how the new version would come out. Not knowing how it would look, having tons of orders coming in and knitting like a mad woman, I decided to cast on a few stitches andgive it a whirl.

And you know what? I'm thrilled. Like over the top in love with this new hat.

Neither of my girls have gotten a knitted hat from me. They are the models for me and my three year old always is asking "is that for me?" Sadly no. LOL. Sorry kid. Truth is, she doesn't have a winter coat and I'm one of those moms that likes things a particular way. Including my girls to have coats that match their winter accessories. So until she gets one, she'll be hatless. But then again, we are having a bit of an Indian summer here.

Now, without further ado, I introduce the full color braided twist -


Now that my darling child is becoming a little more independent, she is not the best model. It takes a lot of coercing to get this little girl to leave the hat on long enough to snap a picture....


See what I mean? She's cute though so I let her get away with it.

This one is shown in a brown tweed with a light pink braid knitted all the way up. You can order yours HERE in any colors you want. (Just leave a note in the comment section during checkout to specify color and size needed!)

Enjoy!