Welcome! I hope you enjoying looking around at all the handmade things I've made. I truely enjoy knitting and putting my creative touch on them. Feel free to contact me at any time!


Home Shop About Contact

9.23.2011

Knitting Fool



I just wanted to take some time to congratulate myself on all the hard work that I've been doing. I started knitting simply because I wanted something to do (as if I don't have enough things going on at the moment or enough "hobbies" to occupy what little free time is left in my life) and I wanted to be able to create things for my daughters that they would appreciate and love for a long time to come. I was also thinking of others and that I'd be able to give a gift that came from my heart.


Well this newfound "hobby" of mine has truely turned into a passion. My husband will be the first to admit that there hasn't been a free moment of my time in the past few weeks that I haven't been furiously knitting. And my older daughter can give you the first hand account of how many times per day I tell her and her sister to not touch my yarn stash. Or that I've completely taken over her table. Poor thing. But don't feel bad for her because she LOVES picking out the next color I'll use. Really.


But I set out with a goal in mind when I fell in love with knitting. And that was that I'd be able to create pieces for other people that they would love and treasue. From the feedback that I've gotten in just the past two weeks or so, I'm humbled. I never thought that this little side thing of mine would grow like it has.


I have people asking for specific items, special orders, larger sizes, different colors. I have my items in a local store and I've gotten this blog, a Facebook page and an online store up and running in a matter of one month. That deserves a HUGE pat on the back.


And since I'm alone right now, I'll have to do that myself...


So, I also wanted to thank everyone that has reached out and gave me a thumbs up. It is so rewarding. I might not have said it personally (although I hope to have!!!), but now I want to say it publically...THANK YOU!!!


I'm so excited for Sunday to come. My first craft fair ever. My mom moved back just in time to help me out and put the finishing touches on the setup of this. Without her I'm not sure I'd be as prepared as I am. I don't think I'll sleep tomorrow night dreaming of how much fun we'll have.


But then again I'm used to little sleep.


And lots of coffee. I love coffee. I mean, love coffee.

And with that, I'm off again.

To pick up my needles...

And get more work done. All for you. Enjoy!