Welcome! I hope you enjoying looking around at all the handmade things I've made. I truely enjoy knitting and putting my creative touch on them. Feel free to contact me at any time!


Home Shop About Contact

10.07.2011

The Hawk


When my best friend came to me and asked me to make her son something special, I knew she had an idea up her sleeve. What it entailed, I wasn't quite sure. Though she was so excited she hardly contained herself.

She practically screamed "A mohawk hat!" Ok, no she didn't because we were texting at the time, but you could totally tell that she was over the

top excited about him having one. And of course now that I told her I would be up for the challenge she jumped all over the opportunity.

I was told it needed to be black and red and to put something special on it. "I want Cam to have something no one else does." Ok, another hurdle. I can totally conquer this though.

Off I set on a mission to find something that jumped at me and was the true definition of the little boy whom I've grown to love so dearly. When I went out shopping with my mom one Saturday and spotted it I knew it was perfect.


That night I came home and furiously knitted away. The hat was so simple. The "hawk" part of it, well, it was very time consuming. But piece after piece I kept telling myself how excited she'd be to get it. (And believe me after the 3,409,728th piece of yarn I was about to give up....but I didn't.)

We made plans soon after so I could give it to her. But I promised he must be my model because my girls just wouldn't make this hat look as cool as it had the potential to be.
So, in all his glory, here's my favorite little man Cam modeling his new hat!
I am over the top in love with how this turned out. It just doesn't look as cool on my display stand so I didn't want to snap any photos without him wearing it. He loved it so much that we went out shopping and he wore it the whole time.

My little piece of love?

The guitar. It's perfect. It's Cam. And it's a symbol of his love for his grandfather who plays for him.

You can get yours now in my store! (Sans guitar because that's super special) However, I am willing to add on a bit of "bling" if you request it. Just send me an email.

Now, rock on!